Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

November 14, 2011

Hello, thanks for your letter and pictures!!! Sounds like you had a great trip and hope wyatt had a happpy birthday!!!
That sounds like a pretty cool place to go. Lots of driving though!! Eeeekk Glad you stayed safe too with the storm

Well let me tell you about the week... DENGUE!!! Yes, Hna. Larsen did end up having Dengue. It was awful!! We didn´t go out all week,, not even to church yesterday. Some brothers in the ward brought us the sacrament. It is a terrible awful no good sickness. Hna Larsen was so out of it. She basically just slept. She couldn´t do anything, I cleaned the whole house and washed her clothes and made her soup and chamomile tea when she wanted it. Ericka our pensionista brought us food everyday so that was nice.

What is dengue like??--- achy body, especially the back and neck, chills and fever, headache, nausea, just feeling lousy, basically. and no appetite to eat. I AM NEWLY COMMITTED TO NOT GET DENGUE!! It was not fun for Hna Larsen. (If you remember Hna Castro had it when i was with her too) Hna Larsen asked me a lot when she could take her next pill (I was in charge of the schedule). The only time she felt good was when she was asleep. ... thanks for your prayers for me and my companion!!

The good thing is that we have lots of work to catch up on now. We don´t really have any appointments but lots of people to call and look for. Should be a good week! Also there are transfers this Wednesday/Thursday. Don´t know what´s gonna happen, if hna larsen is going to stay or go.

Also Sandra´s baptism is scheduled for Saturday. We are really happy that we got her interview done last week before hna Larsen got sick. Sandra is so great, she is ready, I´m excited for her baptism.

I sent some photos from the confrence. It was a conference with 4 zones. The sisters in the other picture are the hermanas in my zone, Hna. Saire from La Paz and Hna Cruz from Guatemala, with Hna Calderon, Hna Pino, Hna Larsen, and me.


This week I got to read A LOT to pass the time. It was great. I learned a lot. I am about 1/2 way through Jesus the Christ. It´s really good! (I started it at the beginning of my mission, not this week haha). I also finished the BOM and started again and am reading lots in D adn C and the bible (John)... I love it all. I know the scritpures are true!!! I love Moroni 7 about faith, hope and charity. I felt like thats what i needed to learn this week from this experience of taking care of my companion. Love and charity. I was glad I was able to take care of her. She´s a great companion and I´ll be sad if she goes in the tranfers this week.

I also read in 1 nephi about Nephi and his brothers and all that! Where you went!!

Mom, thanks for the quotes. Hope you can do your goal! I know it will bless you a lot.

DAd- to reply about the language thing in your letter last week, it´s interesting, I still have to pray taht I can open my mouth and speak sometimes. I still struggle with the language sometimes, but I found that my attitude more than anything needs to be good so that i can talk and communicate with people and i am still understood if i make some mistakes. sometimes it´s hard because i feel like i should know more after all my years of study!! But the important part is that I am finding people to teach, and the spirit speaks to all in a way that they can understand.

Today I got Tracee´s package! The Elders laughed about what she wrote on it.
I have to go to the offices and to the post office/customs to get the package that was sent DHL: Can i make 2 requests of everyone that sends me packages??
1. Don´t use DHL. Regular mail is just fine. No need to pay extra, it´s really not as slow as you might think.
2. Please wrap the box in grocery bags or paper. That way I won´t get robbed. If they are just taped sometimes they are coming apart by the time I get them.

I love you all!!! Have a great week.
Love Hna Tibbitts