Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

January 30, 2012

Remember how i said i had a busy week...... welll something happened that made it a lot harder.

Tuesday during lunch I got stung by a bee on my left upper arm! It didn´t hurt much, we cleaned it and put a bandaid on it and we went out and worked all day no problem. i felt tired and a little sick when we arrived home at 9. That night I woke up at 1 a.m. shivering. then i put blankets on and warmed up and then had a fever. Didn´t sleep much that night. Next day was mission conference. I realized that i had been scratching my arm a lot in my sleep and that it was swollen and i wasnt feeling too great. So after the conference we went to the emergency room. I guess I am allergic to bee stings? I don´t really know but the Dr. said that the only thing to do was have me have injections twice a day for 5 days of antibiotics. Today is my last day! They put this little plug thing in my hand so that they dont have to find a vein every time (the medicine goes in my vein). So we had to go to the clinic every day twice a day, lots of fun, the clinic isnt very close to our house and we have to take 2 micros to get there and 2 to go home. Lots of money spent on bus fares! and we were kind of running out of money in the first place. But dont worry, I only have one more to go, they will take out my vein plug thing tonight, yay!! and my arm is basically better now, it´s not like in the pictures, it´s normal. The clinic we go to is very good just like in america. I am friends with all the nurses in the emergency room and hna hernandez with the people in the front desk.So dont freak out about what happened please. I got a blessing from an Elder in my district. i am fine now ready to work hard this week.

Well mision conference was great, although i felt sick, we ate pizza!! and i learned some stuff will have to go over my notes and my companion´s notes, and the interviews were good this time, very relaxed, when i arrived only latinos were ever secretaries or assistants but now we have 4 americans in the office so its pretty fun.

Cristina´s baptism was great, sending photos, she was really happy and was confirmed a member of the church on sunday. We are trying to convince her to go on the single adults weekend during carnaval but i think she has to work. We are teaching her dad (man in the photos with the checkered shirt) and her sister wants to learn about hte church, but she doesn´t live in our area. We saw Rosemary in the Torres Cainco, she went to buy scritpures the day before cristina´s baptism, but they had run out of hymnbooks. So luckily I had one and gave that to Cristina.

Something exciting that happened is that a kid named Sebastian has a baptism date. It should be this 11 Feb. His dad had an interview with the bishop and the bishop said he is worthy to baptize his son. Yay! They have gone to church 4 sundays in a row and they want to sing in the stake choir! haha. Ruben (the dad) drove us to the clinic after the baptism. He is a mechanic, he put his car together himself, and it´s pretty funny. i don´t think i t would be allowed o the road in the united states, but in boliva it´s just fine. Dont worry. we arrived safely-

Tati and Julio are kind of on hold for the moment. We did get to watch the Testaments with Melva and the Banzer´s. That was fun. Andres now has the presthood! He is a priest. The guy from peru keeps saying he will go to church and then he doesn´t. We are working now with a girl named Eldy who is about 20, she went to church for the 1st time on sunday, but her family is really catholic, hopefully she can see the difference and want to be baptized. She has friends in the ward already.

this week i got tracee´s package with the DVD´s and candy! and a package for Malia Pruitt. Thanks! Tracee, that dress is too small for me! But the shirt is good i am wearing it right now thanks its cute.

I bought a liahona in the distribution center! Oh, and we are going to get them in the mission again! yay!

Thanks for a great encouraging letter!
Have fun at youth conference.! I hope all of you have a great week.

I told the elders at the office that I am planning to go to Abu Dhabi, and they said that was fine, but where is that? haha. I wonder what route i will take. The Elders were asking me but I didn´t know what to tell them. I think I will be arriving around May 4-5. That´s like, really soon! Crazy. Anyways, good luck making the summer plans. Sounds like there are tons of fun things to do in Abu Dhabi when i get home!

I lov eyou all so much!
love Hermana Tibbitts

No comments: